There are three types of website traffic: direct traffic, search engine traffic, and referral traffic. All three are valuable and serve various purposes, but they focus on post referral traffic.
What is referral traffic?
Referral traffic is a marketing online marketing strategy where interested readers and qualified potential customers are identified on your site from trusted sources both online and offline. You can generate referral traffic to websites, blogs, social profiles, social online social communities and networks, forums, and so on.
This is done using inbound links or social online social activity, both of which send positive signals about your site to search engines. One great thing about referral traffic is that it also offers SEO benefits.
Here are some things you can do to get free referral traffic
The next strategy is a very smart and effective way to generate referral traffic to your website. Infographics are visual images such as charts or diagrams used to represent information or data. According to the data, 41% of marketers said that infographics and other original graphics were the most attractive.
Here are some free tools you can use to create your infographics.
- Canva Infographic Maker
- Photoscape – Free desktop photo editing / graphic creation software.
Join the social networking platform
- There are many great social media platforms that you can take advantage of and get referral traffic.
- Some of the tops are Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest. These platforms are easy to connect and free and the best thing is that they have a lot of users who can turn in referral traffic.
- Once you’ve set up your social media account, you can invite people to become fans or come back. You can join a group with multiple members on a platform like Facebook and share a link on your website.
- Try not to get spam on social media as most of these websites are a way to connect people.
Become a guest blogger
- Guest blogging is a method used by bloggers to increase blog traffic where bloggers write posts to be published on other bloggers’ blogs. One of the best ways to increase risk and get referral traffic to your website is guest blogging
- You write a post to appear on someone else’s blog and include links back to your website. This can be really good for you, especially if the blog you are posting on has a lot of readers and it gets a lot of views.
Send an email newsletter
Your email newsletters can be a great source of referral traffic to your website. I think every business should have an email list that they can use to send newspapers at least once a week.
Adding links to your email can increase the number of visitors to your website
Want to get your business? Small business and niche directories can be an easy way to get your business in front of as many potential customers as possible. Here are some free small business directories that you can add to your business.